Summer is here once again. That means long warm days and fun with friends and family. But did you know that right now is also a great time to focus on weight loss. When it comes to losing weight the right way, keep it simple: focus on moderate exercise and a healthy diet. But what exactly is a truly healthy diet for weight loss? Keep on reading to learn how many of our customers have lost weight and kept it off for good!
Sure, there are plenty of crazy weight loss diets out there these days. Some diets want you to believe that carbohydrates are the enemy. Other diets focus on a lower fat intake, while teaching that excessive fat consumption will cause weight gain. But which diet is right for you? Perhaps there are some common denominators we can use as guidelines to help you create your own weight loss diet.
In our experience we have realized the following:
- Not all carbohydrates are bad. Vegetables and Fruits are the best carbs for losing weight.
- Not all fats are bad. Omega 3 and omega 6 essential fatty acids (EFA’s) are needed by the body.
- Vegetables and fruits provide the most nutrition with fewer calories than most foods and may help you lose weight. We include plenty of vegetables in our weight loss diet.
- Everyone should eat a reasonable amount of quality protein each day. (40-60 grams). A deficiency in protein may increase your hunger.
- Drink plenty of pure water to help your body flush out any toxins stored in the fat cells. Also, sometimes we feel hungry when we are really just thirsty.
- Everyone is different. In other words, what works for one person may not work for someone else. Listen to your body. Start with our general guidelines and adjust them to meet your own personal needs. This will save you time and money.
These key points can help you build your own weight loss diet as a part of your own weight loss program. You are a unique individual, meaning you need less fat and a few more carbs, or perhaps more fat and a few less carbs (keep on reading for more on good carbs and fats). The two keywords to remember are quality and quantity.
First let’s look at quality. Start by considering the quality of your food. As far as carbohydrates go, plenty of vegetables along with 1-2 pieces of fruit per day are the best quality carbs. Cut back on the grains and sugars and see how you feel. You may also want to try eating some beans in moderation. Another benefit to eating plenty of fruits and vegetables is the fiber, which may help keep your intestines clean and help you lose weight.
Fat is another important part of a balanced weight loss diet. Make sure you are getting a fairly balanced ratio (1:1) of omega 3 and omega 6 EFA’s. Coconut oil has also been shown to help with weight loss by boosting metabolism while boosting the immune system. Be sure to avoid all hydrogenated oils and trans fats.
Quality protein comes from animal products, chiefly meat. Animal protein is complete protein that contains all of the essential amino acids your body needs in relatively balanced ratios. Eggs and dairy are also acceptable sources of protein. It may be wise to purchase animal protein that does not contain hormones and antibiotics.
Now that we have explored how the quality of foods can help your weight, it is time to focus on quantity. We’ve had great success with the following general guidelines:
- Eat as many vegetables as you want, both cooked and raw. (But don’t overdo on the very starchy veggies like potatoes)
- Consume 1-2 pieces of fresh fruit daily.
- Eat some quality protein 2-3 times daily. (Beef, Chicken, Fish, Eggs, Dairy)
- Consume quality fats daily and as you see fit to complement your healthy diet. (Omega 3’s and omega 6’s, butter, and coconut oil in moderation)
- Cut back on the consumption of grains, breads, and simple sugars. Excessive consumption these foods may lead to weight gain.
Once you begin exercising and making dietary changes, keep in mind that the results may take time. Don’t expect to lose 5 pounds in a week. You may even hit a plateau or two along the way. However, we feel it is important to consider the difference in how you feel. Has your energy increased? Do you find that you are not thinking about food as much as before? If so, then you’re probably on the right track. Stick with it, your patience will be rewarded.
Besides diet and exercise, we have found a few supplements that can be very helpful when it comes to weight loss. One such supplement is our Liquid Catalyzed Chromium Picolinate, which helps the body metabolize fats and carbohydrates more efficiently. We also offer a Liquid Weight Loss Formula, which also contains chromium and other metabolism enhancing nutrients.
You may also want to consider our Life Source Weight Loss Package which contains a special variety of products that work together synergystically to promote a healthy metabolism. This product really has our customers talking.
In the end diet and exercise are an essential part of any successful weight loss program. Supplements may also be helpful, especially in the early stages of weight loss. Most importantly, find the balance that works for you, and don’t make the mistake of using a out-of-the-box diet that recommends avoiding healthy carbohydrates and/or fats. Use this guide and your own common sense to lose weight the right way this summer and keep it off for good. You body will thank you.